The Mission of the National Tripartite Advisory Council (NTAC) is to give effect to commitments, as articulated in the Official Policy Framework of the Government of Trinidad and Tobago, with regard to facilitating tripartite engagement, dialogue and consultation and to promote consensus building and democratic involvement among key stakeholders on national development issues. The National Tripartite Advisory Council (NTAC) was launched at the Diplomatic Centre, La Fantasie Road, St. Ann's on Tuesday 15 March 2016.
The Terms of Reference of the National Tripartite Advisory Council are:
To advise the Government on:
- Effective implementation of Government Policy.
- Identification and review of Sustainable National Development Goals.
- Development of a culture of Innovation, Invention and use of Initiative.
- Enhancing the level of productivity in all sectors of national endeavour.
- Development of a national campaign on productivity and proper work ethics.
- Creation of additional job opportunities.
- Maximization of the use of Science and Technology.
- Focusing attention on the needs of the poor, the socially displaced and the most vulnerable in our society
- The maintenance of industrial peace and harmony nation-wide.
Members of the National Tripartite Advisory Council comprise the following:
- Minister of Planning and Development, Chairperson of NTAC, the Honourable Camille Robinson-Regis
- Minister of Finance, the Honourable Colm Imbert
- Minister of Labour and Small Enterprise Development, Senator the Honourable Jennifer Baptiste Primus
- Minister of Education, the Honourable Anthony Garcia
- Minister of Social Development and Family Services, the Honourable Cherrie-Ann Crichlow-Cockburn
- Secretary of Settlements and Labour, Tobago House of Assembly, Councillor Marslyn Melville-Jack
- The Chair of the Economic Development Advisory Board
THE PRIVATE SECTOR:
- Chairperson, Employers’ Consultative Association, Mr Keston Nancoo
- CEO, The Trinidad and Tobago Chamber of Industry and Commerce, Mr Gabriel Faria
- President, The Tobago Division of the Trinidad and Tobago Chamber of Industry and Commerce, Mr Demi John Cruickshank
- CEO, Trinidad and Tobago Manufacturers’ Association, Dr. Mahindra Ramesh Ramdeen
- CEO, American Chamber of Trinidad and Tobago, Dr. Nirad Tewarie
- President and CEO, The Energy Chamber of Trinidad and Tobago, Dr. Thackwray Driver
- The Joint Trade Union Movement (JTUM) President
- Steel Workers Union of Trinidad and Tobago (SWUTT)
- President, Banking, Insurance and General Workers Union (BIGWU)
- The National Trade Union Centre (NATUC) President, Mr. James Lambert
- General Secretary, Mr. Michael Annisette, The Federation of Independent Trade Unions (FITUN)
- Secretary-General, Communications Workers’ Union (CWU), Mr. Joseph Remy
- First Vice President, Oilfield Workers Trade Union Mr Carlton Gibson