The Industrial Relations Advisory Committee (IRAC) was established for the purpose of reviewing the Industrial Relations Act and making recommendations and advice to the Minister of Labour and Small Enterprise Development on any matter relating to industrial relations.
The Committee is tasked with the responsibility of ensuring that all policy areas that fall under its remit are given the required attention.
Some of these areas include:
- Basic Terms and Conditions of Work/Employee Rights Legislation;
- The establishment and administration of an Unemployment Insurance Scheme or Severance Benefits Fund or both;
- The definition of “trade dispute” under the IRA;
- The application/implementation of Freedom of Association by the IRA; and
- Consideration of a more effective and simple alternative to the current recognition and registration process.
The newly appointed Industrial Relations Advisory Committee received their Instruments of Appointment from Senator the Honourable Jennifer Baptiste Primus, Minister of Labour and Small Enterprise Development at the Ministry’s Head Office on Thursday September 05, 2019.
|Caption: Senator the Honourable Jennifer Baptiste Primus is joined by members of the Industrial Relations Advisory Committee chaired by Dr.Hyacinth Guy (on Minister’s left). Permanent Secretary (Ag.) Ms. Natalie Willis is on the Minister's right.
L-R: Mr. Emerson Martin, Mr. Keston Nancoo, Mr. Clyde Elder, Ms. Cindy Joseph, Dr. Paul Balwant, Ms. Sabina Gomez, Ms. Sangeeta Boondoo, Ms. Nicola Joseph, Mr. Ronald Brereton.
Missing: Mr. Mario Als, Mr. Kashta Ome, Professor Rose Marie Belle Antoine