The following Units support the demands of the Ministry of Labour and Small Enterprise Development:
The Accounting Unit operates in accordance with the Exchequer Act, Chapter 69:01 and the Travelling Allowances Regulation, Chapter 23:50 which are enshrined in the Laws of Trinidad and Tobago. It is guided by the Financial Regulations, Financial Instructions, Manual of Terms and Conditions of Employment, Guidelines for the Administration of Devolved Functions and Circulars issued from both the Chief Personnel Officer and the Ministry of Finance. The Unit has implemented the Integrated Payroll System and maintains and stores records of all financial transactions.
- I/S Management - responsible for the management of the Information Technology function in keeping with the strategic business direction of the Ministry.
- Systems Development – responsible for facilitating automation of the Ministry’s business processes.
- Systems Administration – responsible for the administration and maintenance of the Ministry’s Information Architecture and Application Portfolio.
- Security – responsible for the protection of the integrity of the Ministry’s data.
- I/S Administration – responsible for administering general support services required for the day to day operations of the Unit.
- socio-economic research, report preparation and evaluation.
- policy formulation and evaluation.
- preparation of Ministry’s input into national planning documents.
- coordination of the preparation of the Ministry’s annual Public Sector Investment Programme (PSIP) projects and monitoring of these projects.
- project design, planning and implementation relative to the Ministry’s functions.
- development and implementation of multilateral, regional and national programmes and projects.
- co-ordination of the Ministry’s reporting obligations in relation to the Achievements and Projected Achievements and Administrative Reports.
- provision of technical input for speeches as required.
- representation of the views of the Ministry on a number of Inter-Ministerial and external Committees and at meetings as required.
- technical and administrative support to the National Productivity Council.
- other co-ordinating duties as may be assigned.